The Student Affairs Department organizes, implements, and supervises all social, cultural, and entertainment programs for CEC students. Its main objective is to help students to develop their interests and abilities, and to practice their hobbies through a variety of programs and activities. The CEC places great emphasis on these extracurricular activities. It seeks to help students to develop their many talents and abilities plus make good use of their leisure time by forming student cultural and scientific societies.
The CEC also encourages students to meet each other in the friendly atmosphere of its surroundings. Almost every academic department has a student society or club, the purpose of which is to unite students and have them participate to accomplish a set of academic objectives that enrich student life. To this end, the academic departments organize lectures, present book and cultural exhibits, celebrate national occasions, and support intramural sports activities.
CEC emphasizes that participating in organizations and clubs is an effective means of establishing interpersonal relationships, developing leadership skills, and generally enhancing the overall academic programs.
CEC offers a wide range of academic and extracurricular activities
- Chess Club
- Dance Club
- Music Club
- Scrabble Club
- Community Service Club
- Environment Club
Welcome to Sports at the CEC.
The CEC sports program endeavors to provide opportunities for all students, faculty, and staff to participate in a variety of physical activities. Ultimately, the aim of the program is to create, among all participants, a positive attitude toward the necessity of active participation in physical activity, one that will hopefully continue throughout their lifetime. The program is in keeping with the educational philosophy of the CEC to ensure a proper balance between academics and co-curricular activities, which will enhance the CEC experience of all who participate. The following objectives have been developed to guide intramural sports participants and personnel in their involvement with the program.
Aims & Objectives
- To provide a diverse program of recreational and competitive activities for students and other members of CEC.
- To administer programs that is geared toward mass participation in tournaments and enhances community life of students at the CEC through social contact and fair play.
- To prepare a safe environment that is an attractive alternative for the utilization of free time with a view of promoting physical, psychological, and social wellbeing of participants and fostering positive attitudes toward active lifestyles;
- To give an opportunity for students to gain leadership skills, different fundamental skills and confidence through participation and employment in the program.
Involvement in the intramural sports program is based upon participation and not on the concept of winning at all costs. The program is based upon ideals that reflect fair play, respect for rules and officials, cooperation, and teamwork, all of which are positive attributes toward sport, recreation and life in the professional community.
- Football – Male
- Badminton – Male and Female
- Basketball – Male and Female
- Volleyball – Male and Female
- Cricket – Male
- Billiard – Male and Female
- Table tennis – Male and Female
CEC offers sports scholarships for students who meet the required criteria. Details can be found here.